reklam

10 Eylül 2012 Pazartesi

Johnny Depp as Cultural Appropriation Jack Sparrow...I mean Tonto.

Mariah Watchman got voted off American's Next Top Model last night. Sadface, right? We didn't even have a chance to see how many racial microaggressions she would have to endure over the course of the season! I haven't watched the episode, but Indian Country Today did a quick recap here, if you're interested. But I have something more interesting to share.


Last night I was perusing twitter as the show was on, and truly just by chance caught this convo between a reader of Native Approps and Nigel Barker himself:

Her next tweet was a link to my ANTM post from a few days ago:

I decided to screenshot the whole thing so I could share on Facebook, and I'm glad I did, because magically this morning, all of Nigel's tweets had been deleted. Does that mean Nigel *read* my post? And maybe learned something about how his behavior and the choices of the show were incredibly insensitive? I really, really hope so. Or he could have acted out of embarrassment.

Either way, kinda interesting, right? I'll tweet this post to him and see if he responds--though I'm not holding my breath.

Oh, and Nigel, if you read this, I'm a little sorry I said I wanted to throw my remote at your face in the other post. I'm usually a pacifist. 

If you missed the original break down of ANTM:
Oh ANTM, where do I even start?: Mariah Watchman and the Pocahontas controversy  

Indian Country Today: Mariah Watchmen makes early exit from America's Next Top Model 

Nigel's Twitter: @NigelBarker

(Thanks Kelly!)Update on ANTM: Mariah's gone, but Nigel might have learned something

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

reklam yeri
 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India
online kişi acaip's Profile on Ping.sg